If you forget to blink your eyes when you first looked at a brown mare galloping on an Australian race course, then you’re not alone. She is elegant and athletic and her action speaks much louder than her appearance. Here’s everything you needed to know about her:
- She measures 16.1 hands tall.
- She weighs 530kg.
- She has won the highest amount of prize money in Australia.
- Her stride measures about 6.8m and takes 170 strides per minute on average. These features make her unique and a definite winner.
- She can breathe in and out 140 times in a minute.
She is an exceptional mare and has been honoured to match her talent.
- In history, there were two horses to be inducted in Australian Racing Hall of Fame namely Sunline and Black Caviar during their careers. Winx was honoured to become the third horse on 17 May, 2017.
- In her honour, Warwick Stakes was renamed as Winx Stakes on 25 October 2017. The race was also upgraded to Group 1 status.
- She was awarded with Australian Champion Racehorse of the Year in 2015 and 2016.
Talking about Winx, we can never miss mentioning her jockeys. There are five winning jockeys who have had the gratification of riding this champion. They are:
- R Collett
- H Bowman
- Tommy Berry
- J Moreira
- L V Cassidy
- H Bowman
Among these five jockeys, Winx has most of her wins with H Bowman and he is also riding her in 2018. It also hints that she is going to perform as usual, i.e., hit the finish line first.
We really can’t find her rivals when she is on the ground. They are just her co-racers, who participate in the race to ensure she comes first. On her ‘baddest day’, the following horses might be considered as her rivals:
- Happy clapper
- Egg tart
- Royal symphony
- Scales of justice
- Tosen stardom
- Gailo chop
Having won her debut race at the age of two, she continued but faltered a little after a few wins. With her quick recovery, she has been on the winning streak. Till today, she has won 32 races. Her wins include almost all the major titles:
- Cox Plate for three consecutive years (2015, 16, 17)
- Turnbull Stakes (2017)
- George Main Stakes (2016, 17)
- Chelmsford Stakes (2017)
- Warwick Stakes (2016, 17)
- Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2017)
- George Ryder Stakes (2016, 17)
- Chipping Norton Stakes (2016, 17)
- Apollo Stakes (2016, 17)
These are a few of the major events, but there are many more wins on her name. In simple words, she is the jackpot for making thoroughbred horse racing bets.
Can Winx Keep Her Winning Streak in 2018?
For horse race bettors, this is the biggest question in 2018. To predict it almost precisely, we have to go back to the past:
- In 2014, she won 5 major titles.
- In 2015, she won 10 major titles.
- In 2016, she won 8 major titles.
- In 2017, she won 9 major titles.
Since May 2015, Winx has won 22 races consecutively. Moreover, she has 14 group 1 wins. With such winning figures, she is surely going to have a great time and many wins in 2018.